Meet our new house! It’s a rental and we don’t intend to be here forever, but we will be doing everything we can to embrace this place and make it a home. Here is a break down of the strengths of this house:
- Garage-Hallelujah!!! Storage tops our list of needs when looking for a new place.
- Two full bathrooms, one of them an en-suite off the master.
- Plenty of electrical outlet
- Windows and light
- Large office for Greg
- Fenced in back yard
- Plentiful counter-space and cabinets in kitchen
- Tile through-out (the potential for scratches on hardwood with three dogs mean almost no chance of a returned deposit–same thing for carpet)
While there are challenges with The Spaceship House, the fact that we know we will ultimately be building our dream home, makes these issues minor. In many ways we are using this move to develop better habits and improve the quality of our lives. Here are some of our goals for our new life:
- Have less. We have already started this by making some hard choices on what to keep and what to move. As we were packing we were overwhelmed by how much junk we had accumulated.
- Cook dinner and eat at the table. We have lighting in the dining room! I am ashamed to say that we lived for six years with a dark space that we never used.
- Have a place for everything and put things away when we are dine with them.
- Exercise. We will have a nice little home gym, and Saint Petersburg is huge on parks and recreation. There are so many great places to explore with Jack
- Go to community events, and participate in the community. I am joining a pirate krewe for Gasparilla (more on this later 😉
Not huge goals, but their effects would change our lives. Moving is such an opportunity for change. Have you ever reinvented yourself in a new place?